Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seeding Stage

Ok, at noon today the moon phase has only remaining 8% before flipping over to the next phase. As I probably won't have time during the weekday to start seeding I thought what the heck and let us start seeding now.

There's about 8 different kind of seeds that I put into various pots:
- Broccoli
- Pak Choi (chinese vegie)
- Lettuce
- Cauli flower
- Spring Onion
- Carrot (theorically this would fail as the moon is about to start a new phase and this is a downward growing crop)
- Coriander
- Basil
- Parsley


I've decided the best location would be on my alfresco deck, as it gets full morning and noon sun, until about 1pm. Then it will be relatively warm for the rest of the afternoon, as I don't want the soil to dry out. I just need to remember to put some water on the pots every morning before I go to work, and check the condition of the soils after I'm back from work. Gotta keep the soil drained and moist to encourage the seedlings growth.

Now it's time to sit back, relax, and wait for them to grow...

1 comment: